Cancelled! Tuesday Snowshoe Field Trip to Chickadee Ridge
- Tuesday, February 7, 1-4pm
- $20, includes snowshoe rental, thistle seeds and expert guides from the TWS Nevada Chapter
- Self-Carpools to be arranged at the gathering spot (Peppermill hotel lobby)
- Tahoe Meadows is 25 miles from the Peppermill Resort on the Mt Rose highway
- Snowy conditions cancel – full refunds issued if trip is canceled
- Limited to 18 people
Head up to the snowy mountains with us and enjoy a gentle snowshoe adventure suitable for all-levels. We will carpool to the Tahoe Meadows trailhead, where we will snowshoe no more than 3 miles round trip up gently rolling hills (400′ total climb) to the top of Chickadee Ridge. From the top, you’ll be treated to views stretching from the distant peaks of Desolation Wilderness at the south end of Lake Tahoe, the lake’s bright reflection beneath its western shores, and Crystal Bay and the radio towers at the summit of Relay Peak to the north. Near the top, the curious chickadees that are the namesake for the ridge may land on your snowshoes or hat. The views and birds are extraordinary! Enjoy a vigorous outdoor activity, make some new friends and get some fresh air before the Annual Meeting begins.
Wear layers (avoiding cotton), including a waterproof jacket/ pants and waterproof boots/socks. Sunglasses, sunhat and sunscreen will be a necessity if the sun is out. Or a warm hat and gloves if it’s cold. There is a sledding hill at the trailhead so bring a sled and continue playing after the Chickadee Ridge adventure. Please bring water, snacks and a backpack for the trail.
For more information: contact Dr. Kelley Stewart, Nevada Chapter Representative to TWS-WS