Call for Papers:
The Call for Papers for the 2017 TWS-WS Annual Meeting has now closed.
If you would like to edit an abstract that you already submitted or if you have any questions about the concurrent or poster sessions, please email our meeting planner email@example.com
All papers associated with the general meeting will be presented Wednesday afternoon through Friday morning, February 8 to February 10, 2017. In general, presenters should expect to speak for no more than 17 minutes, allowing for an introduction and limited Q&A after each presentation.
Concurrent Technical Session Topics for 2017:
Wednesday, February 8, 2017 – 1:30-5:30pm:
- Ecology and Management of Birds – Naples 1/2
- Habitat assessment and monitoring – Naples 3/4
- Wildlife genetics: application and assessment – Naples 6
- Wildlife Techniques and Technologies I – Naples 7
- Invasive Species: Impacts and Surveillance – Naples 1/2
- Ecology and Management of Mammals I – Naples 6
Thursday, February 9, 2017 – 8:30am-12:00pm:
- Wildlife Conservation on Private Lands (Partnering to Enhance Land Stewardship) – Naples 1/2
- Invasive species: Control and Monitoring – Naples 3/4
- Policy, conservation planning, and human dimensions – Naples 6
- Habitat modification and restoration – Naples 7
- Wildlife Techniques and Technologies II – Naples 3/4
- Ecology and Management of Shorebirds – Naples 7
Friday, February 10, 2017 – 8:30am-12:30pm:
- Predators: history and human interactions – Naples 1/2
- Ecology and Management of Mammals II – Naples 3/4
- Renewable energy and wildlife management – Naples 6
- Ecology and Management of Amphibians and Reptiles – Naples 7
- Perspectives on Canine Predators and Livestock – Naples 1/2
- Quantitative approaches and modeling – Naples 6
A poster session will be held on the evening of Thursday, February 9, 2017. During this session, presenters are asked to be available at their poster to discuss their work with interested viewers. Hors d’ouevres will be served and a no-host bar will be available. Posters should be setup on Wednesday between 10am and 12pm. They will be available for viewing Wednesday afternoon through the Thursday evening poster reception. Posters should be no more than 4 feet wide by 3 feet tall. Display boards will be provided. Posters should be removed on Friday morning before 12:00pm.
Oral and Poster Presenters are expected to pay the conference registration fee and cover their own travel and lodging expenses. See the Western Section website for registration and other conference information.