“Let the pros do the driving so you can finish reading that new issue of The Wildlife Professional on the way to the conference!
Have you checked out MegaBus? It’s a hip, new bus line that travels non stop between SF/Sac and Reno. Prices are demand based and currently $14/each way. Free wifi on the bus! http://us.megabus.com/ (Departs daily from Sacramento at 11:10am and arrives in Reno at 1:50pm. Lyft, Uber or taxi to the Peppermill.
1) Amtrak www.amtrak.com You have the option of the CA Zephyr Train (Emeryville to Reno, 6.75 hours. Sacramento to Reno, 5 hours) or the Amtrak Bus (which shaves off an hour or so of travel time and with a slightly lower fee.)
2) Megabus http://us.megabus.com Megabus is a relatively new, super clean, luxury bus system with free wifi and at-seat plugins. Leave from either San Francisco or Sacramento. From SF it takes a little over 4 hours. From Sacramento, the ride is 2.5 hours. Cost is around $40 round trip.
3) Reno Airport http://www.renoairport.com/flight-info Nonstop flights to Reno depart from San Diego, Los Angeles, San Jose and San Francisco on Southwest, United, US Airways, American, Delta and Alaska Airlines. The Peppermill features an easy and convenient airport shuttle which departs from the valet area outside the Hotel Lobby, and runs every half-hour beginning at 4 am. The last shuttle departs from the Peppermill going to the airport at 11:30 pm. In addition, the airport shuttle departs from the airport going to the Peppermill every half-hour beginning at 4:15 am, and continuing to 11:45 pm. This shuttle picks-up at the North exit of the Baggage Claim area.
4) Washoe Regional Transportation Commission http://rtcwashoe.com/ Convenient transportation within the Reno Area. Use the Google Maps link on the RTC website for convenient scheduling.
Please arrive early as there are no registration refunds available due to inclement weather delays.
- From HWY 395
Take exit 64 for Moana Ln 0.2 miles
Go west on E Moana Ln 0.7 miles
Turn right at S Virginia St 0.5
- From Reno/Tahoe International Airport
Slight right at E Plumb Ln (signs for US-395 S / Carson City / Lake Tahoe / Plumb Ln) 1.4 miles
Turn left at S Virginia St 0.5 miles