Plan ahead and stock your mini-fridge!
Plan ahead and stock your mini-fridge! Limited food options at the Tenaya Lodge!
We are excited to meet in the forest this year! However, a forest meeting means limited restaurant and food options due to the rural location!
A few notes to help you prep and pack for the meeting:
- We’ve made a few changes this year to help feed you! The meeting registration fee for 2019 includes several meals at no additional cost. The Tuesday Fajita Bar Welcome Reception; Wednesday and Thursday Box Lunches; Thursday Chili Bar Poster Reception are all included with the meeting registration.
- If you want a hot breakfast, make sure to pre-purchase the breakfast roundtables when you register for the meeting (available Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings for a small additional fee.) Or, bring your own breakfast food and eat in your stylish and cozy mountain room.
- All hotel rooms at the Tenaya Lodge have mini-refrigerators and Keurig coffee systems. The hotel also provides complimentary ice machines. Plan ahead and visit the grocery store before you head to the meeting. Stock your mini-fridge with breakfast food, snacks, and drinks.
- Fish Camp General Store is open daily from 8am-7pm. (.7 miles from Tenaya Lodge. Deli, Groceries, Sandwiches.) The prices might be a little bit higher than usual, but you are way up in the mountains and it sure is convenient to get what you need, when you need it.
- Tenaya Lodge has three options for on-the-fly food purchases: (1) a small deli that serves take-away sandwiches, hot drinks, and sodas/waters/juices/beer/wine by the bottle. (2) Jackalopes – a Pub style Bar & Grill, $$. (3) Sierra Restaurant – Fine Dining – reservations suggested, $$$. Note, we are expecting record attendance at our meeting this year, and these hotel restaurants will be very busy with possible long wait times!
- Oakhurst is well stocked with whatever you need! Groceries can be purchased at Vons and/or Raley’s, and multiple restaurants also line the main street. (13.9 miles, 26 minutes from the Tenaya Lodge.) Drive carefully as roads may be slippery!