Venue Information and Lodging
The 2019 Annual Meeting will be held at the Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite in Fish Camp, CA. An elegant resort in the California High Sierra.
We have pre-purchased a limited block of non-smoking hotel rooms at the Tenaya Lodge (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights) at a low nightly rate for TWS-WS members. These rooms are first come, first serve and we expect that our room block will sell out. We encourage meeting attendees to reserve their rooms early. Do not wait until the last minute as this hotel is also popular with Yosemite tourists and the hotel could sell out completely as the date approaches. The hotel is pet friendly so bring your dog! Our room block rate is available until January 11, 2019 or until the rooms in our block are sold out, whichever comes first.
Update 11/29/18: There are just a few rooms left at the Tenaya Lodge for the dates of our meeting so call to make your reservation if the rooms you need aren’t available on the online system. We’ve reserved the maximum number of rooms the hotel will give us as part of our group rate and there are no more rooms available to add to our room block at this time. There will be a limited number of rooms available to be booked at the public rates. Overflow hotels are listed below. Please fill out this wait list form if you didn’t get a room – we will contact you as rooms are cancelled. Also, be sure to check out the Ride/Room share webpage.
Online Reservations for rooms at the Tenaya Lodge:
- Rate for TWS-WS Annual Meeting Attendees (and federal employees) – $113/night. The group code is 3180CS: Link to rate
- Rate for State Employees (California, Nevada and Hawaii — Must Present State Employee ID at Check-in) – $90/night. The group code is 3180DO: Link to rate
- Telephone Reservations: (800) 635-5807. Identify that you are with the Western Section of The Wildlife Society Annual Meeting and the group code to receive our negotiated rate.
TWS-WS meeting attendees who book as part of our room block will have the $30/night hotel resort fee waived and will receive the following complimentary amenities:
- Wi-Fi (high speed internet);
- Toll Free and Local Telephone Calls
- Overnight Parking
- Two Bottles of Water Daily
- Full Access to the Fitness Room, Steam Rooms, and Saunas in Ascent Spa
- Access to the Resort Pools and Spas
- Business Center Access; Newspaper Available Daily in the Lobby
SHARED HOTEL ROOMS: We encourage TWS-WS meeting attendees to share their hotel room with friends and colleagues so that more people can attend the Annual Meeting! http://tws-west.org/tenayalodge2019/ride-room-share/
CAMPING: For those interested in winter camping, there are sites nearby in Wawona/Yosemite National Park (9 miles from Tenaya Lodge, open year round, first-come basis) and Bass Lake. (16 miles from Tenaya Lodge, open year round, reservations suggested).
OTHER HOTELS IN THE AREA:
- Yosemite Big Creek Inn (1/2 mile from Tenaya Lodge): http://www.yosemiteinn.com
- White Chief Mountain Lodge (1/2 mile from Tenaya Lodge): https://www.whitechiefmountainlodge.com/en-us
- Narrow Gauge Inn (2 miles from Tenaya Lodge): https://www.narrowgaugeinn.com
- Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites (10 miles from Tenaya Lodge): https://www.yosemitesouthgate.com/
- Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Inn (13 miles from Tenaya Lodge): http://www.yosemitegatewayinn.com/
- Comfort Inn Yosemite Area ( 13 miles from Tenaya Lodge): https://www.choicehotels.com/california/oakhurst/comfort-inn-hotels/ca937