Venue Information and Lodging
The 2019 Annual Meeting will be held at the Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite in Fish Camp, CA. An elegant resort in the California High Sierra.
We have pre-purchased a limited block of non-smoking hotel rooms at the Tenaya Lodge at a low nightly rate for TWS-WS members. These rooms are first come, first serve and we expect that our room block will sell out. We encourage meeting attendees to reserve their rooms early. Do not wait until the last minute as this hotel is also popular with Yosemite tourists and the hotel could sell out completely as the date approaches. The hotel is pet friendly so bring your dog! Our room block rate is available until January 11, 2019 or until the rooms in our block are sold out, whichever comes first.
Update 10/10/18: We have plenty of rooms left in our room block at this time (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights)! The hotel is only putting a few rooms in our block at a time for the days before (Saturday, Sunday, Monday) and after our meeting (Friday, Saturday) so if the dates you want aren’t available, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can ask the hotel to add more rooms!
Online Reservations for rooms at the Tenaya Lodge:
- Rate for TWS-WS Annual Meeting Attendees (and federal employees) – $113/night. The group code is 3180CS: Link to rate
- Rate for State Employees (California, Nevada and Hawaii — Must Present State Employee ID at Check-in) – $90/night. The group code is 3180DO: Link to rate
- Telephone Reservations: (800) 635-5807. Identify that you are with the Western Section of The Wildlife Society Annual Meeting and the group code to receive our negotiated rate.
TWS-WS meeting attendees who book as part of our room block will have the $30/night hotel resort fee waived and will receive the following complimentary amenities:
- Wi-Fi (high speed internet);
- Toll Free and Local Telephone Calls
- Overnight Parking
- Two Bottles of Water Daily
- Full Access to the Fitness Room, Steam Rooms, and Saunas in Ascent Spa
- Access to the Resort Pools and Spas
- Business Center Access; Newspaper Available Daily in the Lobby
SHARED HOTEL ROOMS: We encourage TWS-WS meeting attendees to share their hotel room with friends and colleagues so that more people can attend the Annual Meeting! http://tws-west.org/tenayalodge2019/ride-room-share/
CAMPING: For those interested in winter camping, there are sites nearby in Wawona/Yosemite National Park (9 miles from Tenaya Lodge, open year round, first-come basis) and Bass Lake. (16 miles from Tenaya Lodge, open year round, reservations suggested).
OTHER HOTELS IN THE AREA:
- Yosemite Big Creek Inn (1/2 mile from Tenaya Lodge): http://www.yosemiteinn.com
- White Chief Mountain Lodge (1/2 mile from Tenaya Lodge): https://www.whitechiefmountainlodge.com/en-us
- Narrow Gauge Inn (2 miles from Tenaya Lodge): https://www.narrowgaugeinn.com
- Yosemite Southgate Hotel & Suites (10 miles from Tenaya Lodge): https://www.yosemitesouthgate.com/
- Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Inn (13 miles from Tenaya Lodge): http://www.yosemitegatewayinn.com/
- Comfort Inn Yosemite Area ( 13 miles from Tenaya Lodge): https://www.choicehotels.com/california/oakhurst/comfort-inn-hotels/ca937