*Western Section of The Wildlife Society is postponing in-person workshops in 2020 until further notice due to COVID19. With the safety of our community, participants, and instructors our highest priority, we will update this page with rescheduling plans at the appropriate time.
Upcoming Events Calendar
- Advanced Acoustics Master Class, Jan 14-15, 2021: This virtual workshop will guide participants in improving their acoustic bat data vetting skills on the SonoBat platform. More information here.
- 68th Annual Meeting of TWS-WS, Virtual! Be There from Anywhere! — February 1-5, 2021 — Link to Meeting Website & Call for Papers
Future Workshops in Development
- California Spotted Owl Workshop
- Bat Acoustics,
- Bat Ecology & Field Techniques
- Dry Season Branchiopod Workshop
- California Condor Workshop
- Wildlife Photography Workshop
- Vernal Pool Branchiopods
- Drone Technology & Regulation
- Rare Bumblebees
- Oahu Wildlife
- Mohave Ground Squirrel
- Telemetry 101
The chair of our Professional Development Committee is Janine Payne (firstname.lastname@example.org) If you would like more information or if you would like to be a part of the planning of any of these workshops/symposia, contact the individual workshop’s organizer. If you would like to see a workshop offered on a particular topic or if you have an idea for a workshop that you would like to facilitate or chair, please contact Janine.
If you are involved with the organization of such activities and would like an announcement posted here, please submit the information to “announcements” at “tws-west” dot “org”