Other Upcoming Events
Due to COVID19 Concerns, in-person 2021 chapter workshops and events are on hold until further notice
For details, please see the Chapters’ Pages
- Science Symposium, Reno, March 9, 2021
In addition to Chapter Events, Western Section Workshops is pleased to ensure that our members are aware of opportunities outside of the Section.
(Currently Postponing all workshops through April)
Find out more about the following events on the Elkhorn Slough Coastal Training Program Website.
For more information, please see the Belk Fairy Shrimp ID website.
- California Red-Legged Frog – Level II, ongoing in 2021
- California Herps in Baja, March 2021, April 2021
- Bullfrog Control Measures, July 2020
- California Tiger Salamander Terrestrial Ecology, TBD
- Rare Pond Species Survey Techniques Workshop, TBD
- Foothill Yellow-Legged Frog, TBD
- Level II Foothill Yellow-Legged Frog
- Western Pond Turtle
- SFBA Amphibians
Local and international workshops that help participants gain hands-on experience on rare species.
For more information, please visit The Wildlife Project’s website.
Where Can I Get Other Specific Training?
These are Member-Suggested Workshops covered by other organizations
- ATV Training – State ATV Safety Training Sites
- Track & Sign Training – Earthskills
- California Botany – CNPS Workshops and Jepson Herbarium Workshops
- Bird boxes for kestrels – The Peregrine Fund
- Remote Sensing – Desert Research Institute
- Desert Tortoise – Desert Tortoise Council