70th Annual Meeting of the Western Section of TWS
We hope you’ll join us at the 70th Annual Meeting of the Western Section of The Wildlife Society!
Call for Papers Now Open!
- Link to Call for Papers, Meeting Schedule and More
- Submit your abstract by Friday, October 28, 2022 (Online submission form closes at 11:59pm PDT)
- Meeting Dates: February 7-10, 2023
- Location: Riverside Convention Center – Riverside, CA
- For Questions, or Sponsorship Opportunities: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meeting Website and Registration Rates: Coming Soon in early September
- Online Registration will open on October 1st
NETWORK with Western Wildlifers, LEARN from each other about emerging wildlife science, GROW your career with our workshops and advice channels, and ENGAGE together in the most fun way ever!
Challenge Accepted: Confront Obstacles & Create Opportunities!
As professionals, we wear many hats and face constant change. In addition to the obvious challenges that confront wildlife research, conservation, and management efforts, we face obstacles in growing our reach and guiding the next generation of professionals: challenges such as competing interests, different backgrounds, and points of view. Throughout my career, I’ve been impressed that wildlife professionals are people of action who care deeply about their work. I challenge us to work together to directly address obstacles and actively create opportunities for wildlife professionals, collaborators, stakeholders, and those future wildlife biologists who are out there! For the 2023 Annual Meeting, I would like us each to throw down the figurative gauntlet, be honest with ourselves and each other, and take critical steps towards meeting challenges in wildlife science, conservation, and management head on.
– Randi McCormick, Meeting Chair and TWS-WS President-Elect
Call for Papers and Posters
Deadline: Friday, October 28, 2022 11:59 pm PDT
Please submit abstracts electronically: https://user.tws-west.org/abstracts/twsws_abstract_submit.php
Questions about the 2023 Annual Meeting?
- Randi McCormick, Meeting Chair and TWS-WS President-Elect – email@example.com
- Janine Payne Professional Development Committee Chair – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candace Renger, Meeting Planner – email@example.com (510) 684-8590
- The Western Section of The Wildlife Society – www.tws-west.org PO Box 6756. Albany, CA 94706